RE: missing files for ppp

You will have to do it yourself. The source can be found
at http://www.tcpdump.org/.

> pcap.h,  pcap_init.h and  bpf.h  are also required and do appear
> to have been provided. While I have versions of each of these from

They are not provided as far as I know. I think you will notice if
you look in pppd/Makefile.linux that if you add FILTER=y, it adds
-I/usr/include/pcap to CFLAGS, which is why it seems like these
files are provided (it uses the ones from your RH distribution).
You will want to change that to -I$(prefix)/usr/include/pcap for
it to work correctly once you get libpcap installed.

> my Redhat 8.0 distribution, I do not know if these are the same.
> Does anyone know?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Phil Sutter

//Peter