[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: axis 2490 flashing
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: axis 2490 flashing
- From: Vladimir Bormotov <email@example.com>
- Date: 09 Jul 2003 15:50:25 +0300
- In-reply-to: <3C6BEE8B5E1BAC42905A93F13004E8AB03277A60@xxxxxxx.se>
- References: <3C6BEE8B5E1BAC42905A93F13004E8AB03277A60@xxxxxxx.se>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
- User-agent: Gnus/5.0808 (Gnus v5.8.8) XEmacs/21.4 (Artificial Intelligence)
>>>>> "MS" == Mikael Starvik <email@example.com> writes:
MS> The HWID is there to prevent you from downloading the wrong firmware.
MS> It would be disastrous to download e.g. camera software in a 2490.
MS> Have you made your own developer board software that you want to
MS> download or are you trying to upgrade with a 2490 firmware?
MS> If you are creating your own firmware you can change the HWID in your
MS> fimage to 112 by editing the configure file (search for HWID)
I found HWID only in Makefile and at tools/mkprod source "prodspec file
MS> Note that if you have bought a 2490 and replaces the software with a
MS> developer board software your warranty and support will be void.
of course, we remember this :)
MS> Normally you should buy a developer board if you want to create
MS> your own software (but yes, it is the same hardware).
ehhh... Normally we always buy Devboard's, but one mistake when human
fill order, and this question as result ;)
Flashing "true devboard image" (with HWID=400) by shorting "buttons" works
with no problems. After reboot all software works properly. Also, after
this we can restore flash with original 2490 firmware via ftp.
I set HWID=112 inside Makefile, build image, upload new image via ftp to
2490, but after reboot, we have no network conectivity. No other places
where setted HWID. Maybe I miss something?