Re: ifconfig limitations on etrax100; how to determine current IPon Axis 2120 camserver?

Scott Prive wrote:

> I have considered grepping the IP out of /etc/network/network.conf (or
> even the  system logfile), however my concern is this indirect approach
> might be less accurate (?). Is this concern legitimate? Can anyone suggest
> a better approach?

I believe grepping network.conf should be safe (it should be updated
when getting an address through DHCP, for example).

> Some context: I am developing a pure-shellscript application for the Axis
> 2120 camserver. The script is intended for "end users" will upload the
> script, and configure launching from the camera's scheduler. I am not
> allowed to modify any of their system files.

Please note that dev-etrax may not be the best channel for camera
development support (it's mainly concerned with the developer board and
chip questions).  There is a section devoted to camera development at
http://www.axis.com/techsup/cam_servers/dev/index.htm which might be useful.

--
Orjan Friberg
Axis Communications