Re: MCM flashing problem

Hi All,

We have had the same problem. The solution is to turn OFF the watchdog
in the kernel (mentioned in the mailing list archives). Why this is
necessary is unknown. Can anyone in AXIS provide some light as to why a
image will program and boot OK on one PCB and fail on another with
identical components and netlist? Is it something to do with power
supply rise times??

Our symptoms were similar to those described by Nabil at first but after
a few attempts we programmed the internal and external flash OK
(timeouts were in the internal flash always)  but the system would not
automatically boot. The ethernet LED was flashing at about 25/50 Hz when
booted. If we did a ktest everything was fine. We have the reset fix in
place by using the reset button to turn off the 3V3 switch mode supply.

Any ideas?

Mike.

--
Michael Sloman
Engineer, Institute for Telecommunications Research