From: Uwe Reimann [mailto:dev-etrax@xxxxxxx.net]
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2003 8:27 AM
To: Mikael Starvik
Cc: dev-etrax
Subject: Re: Linux 2.6

Am Die, 2003-07-29 um 07.37 schrieb Mikael Starvik:
> Hi CRIS developers!
>
> Some of you may have noticed that Linus has started the process to
> launch Linus 2.6. It will still be several months before the real 2.6
> is out but the goal is to release it this year. In the latest 2.5
> (2.5.75) a CRIS patch was accepted and CRIS is hence up to speed. 2.5
> seams to work nice in the tests I have been running on a developer
> board. There are still some drivers missing (e.g. IDE and USB).

I had a short look at linux-2.6.0-test2.

"make ARCH=cris CROSS_COMPILE=cris- menuconfig" results in:

./scripts/kconfig/mconf arch/cris/Kconfig
arch/cris/Kconfig:158: can't open file "arch/cris/drivers/Kconfig"
make: *** [menuconfig] Error 1

Same for config, xconfig and gconfig. arch/cris/drivers isn't even present.

Best regards, Uwe