Gpio ports

Hello,

I need 8 input ports on the Axis 82 board to monitor pulses from relays.
The gpio driver seems to do the sort of thing I want but I am not sure
where the gpio pins are. Forgive me if I've missed something obvious.

I understand that some of the gpio pins are used for the serial control
lines etc. Are there any gpio pins that are just for gpio? I don't want
to give up any of the serial ports.... Could I use the parport pins with
   a gpio-like driver?

One final question. What is the time between each timer interrupt in the
gpio driver?

Many thanks

Bob Hibberdine