Re: Kernel panic when high network traffic

Kenny Ng wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just got the Axis 82 board and do a benchmark on the routing speed between ethernet port 0 and port 1.
>
> computer 1 <--> [port 1  board  port 0] <--> computer 2
>
> computer 1 gets data from computer 2.
>
> My result is about 5.5 MBits/sec.  However, I got Kernel panic every time the test run for about 1 minute.
>
> "Kernel panic: Something wrong with DMA descriptor contents. Too many traffic inserted?"
>
> Any idea to trouble shoot this problem?

You may want to try a later driver (I'll send it separately; the mailing
list doesn't accept large attachements).  It will print the DMA list for
the traffic type that caused the error, as well as some other
information from the host controller.  Off the top of my head, I can't
say what happens.  I would suspect that this is related to interrupt
traffic, but those packets are small, so I don't really think we're
trying to run too much traffic like the message suggests.  There are
other possibilities though.

--
Orjan Friberg
Axis Communications