Re: Debugging ld.so.1

Na 1060886157, 2003-08-14 ob 20:35, je Uwe Reimann napisal(a):
> Hi,
>
> how can I debug the dynamic linker? I've set up gdbserver and it works
> fine, even for dynamic libraries. I just can't debug /lib/ld.so.1, the
> dynamic linker.
>
> According to
> http://developer.axis.com/doc/software/tools/gdb/sharedlibs.html , gdb
> sets a breakpoint in the dynamic linker in order to make debugging of
> shared libraries possible. Sounds like a chicken and egg problem to me.
>
> Any ideas?

Build init and shell statically and you will need at least one
dynamically linked executable to run. Then pure a lot of fprintf
(stdout, ...); around the dyn. linker source, build and make an image.
Boot up the board and when you get to promt run the dynamically linked
executable. That should do it.

What are you debugging? I mean which library?

	Regards Simon

--
In short: Just say NO TO DRUGS and maybe you won't end up like the Hurd
people.