Problems with the sync serial interface

Hi !

We have to connect a PSB 2165 audio codec chip to the etrax 100 lx via the
sync serial interface. The PSB chip provides three pins for communication
(frame sync, clock, bidirectional data) while the etrax provides two
datalines (input, output) besides the frame sync and the clock even in
master bidirectional mode.
Is it possible to connect the two etrax pins with the bidirectional PSB pin
without electrical damage, or what solution would you propose ?
Next problem: We couldn't measure clock, frame sync or data signals on the
pins referred to in the reference guide for the master bidirectional mode.
Are there common errors we made or do we have to consider some restrictions
in respect of make menuconfig ?

Thank you for help.