Re: Problems with the sync serial interface

Benjamin Wilms wrote:
> Is it possible to connect the two etrax pins with the bidirectional PSB
> pin without electrical damage, or what solution would you propose ?

So you'd transfer data in only one direction at a time? It might be enough
to just use a current limiting resistor on the Etrax tx pin. Be careful
with trace lenghts and current limits.
> Next problem: We couldn't measure clock, frame sync or data signals on
> the pins referred to in the reference guide for the master
> bidirectional mode. Are there common errors we made or do we have to
> consider some restrictions in respect of make menuconfig ?

Have you used the correct ioctls to choose the mode? If I recall
correctly, the kernel driver defaults to master output mode.

Best regards,

Jarkko