Re: Ethernet stopped working

Bernhard Mäder wrote:

> search? 4) How can I check whether the eth phys layer is functioning
> properly?

You could check the following:

-Link leds at both ends? (assuming it's connected to the PHY on your HW)

-25 MHz clock from Etrax to PHY? Should appear right after the board wakes
up from reset.
-PHY tx and rx clock outputs? Should be 1/4 of the bitrate, output by the
PHY.
-Other MII signals.

You can connect to the board through the serial port provided that you are
running agetty. Unfortunately I can't say anything about booting that way.

Best regards,

Jarkko