[no subject]

Hello, I wonder if a reader on this mailing list can help me ?

I'm looking for a security and door-entry solution, for internal use in our
company.I have a query which will help make my decision as to whether to go
for an Axis Developer Board 83 or for another vendor's otherwise-inferior
68000 microcontroller variant.

The question is, how might I attach a relay onto a 82/83 development board,
connected to the digital i/o port such that it could switch a magnetic door
lock on/off, which requires 12V, 250mA ? I presume the GPIO port is 5V TTL,
but how much current can it source/sink ?

I'm assuming this has been done by others over the years, and if anyone
could point me in the direction of a schematic diagram that would be great.

Kind Regards,

Dr Iain McKay.

This email (and any attachments) is private and confidential, and is intended
solely for the addressee. If you have received this communication in error
please remove it and inform us via telephone or email.

Although we take all possible steps to ensure mail and attachments are free
from malicious content, malware and virii, we cannot accept any responsibility
whatsoever for any changes to content outwith our administrative bounds.

The views represented within this mail are solely the view of the
author and do not reflect the views of Graham Technology as a whole.

Graham Technology plc                               http://www.gtnet.com