Cannot allocate memory

Hi, I am involved in the design of a control system for a CWDM
equipment. I am using SNMP protocol, so I've write a little snmp daemon.
This software works fine in my PC, it compiles without errors with gcc
compiler. When I run the daemon, a memory allocation error (snmpd: error
while loading shared libraries: libsnmp.so.3: cannot load shared object
file: Cannot allocate memory) raises and the application crashes.
I'm using an standard devboard lx, with 8mb of memory. Could someone
tell me what I'm doing wrong?. If I need to increase the amount of
memory available, what chip is necessary?, and how I replace the chip?

Thanks in advance

[root@AxisProduct /]69# cat /proc/meminfo
        total:    used:    free:  shared: buffers:  cached:
Mem:   7217152  6324224   892928        0   958464  2064384
Swap:        0        0        0
MemTotal:         7048 kB
MemFree:           872 kB
MemShared:           0 kB