Re: Serial and sync serial use

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mikael Starvik" <starvik@xxxxxxx.com>
To: <keparker@xxxxxxx.com>
Cc: <dhebert@xxxxxxx.com>
Sent: Monday, September 15, 2003 7:26 AM
Subject: RE: Serial and sync serial use

>There exist 4 asynhronous serial ports named 0, 1, 2 and 3. There is
>also 2 synchronous ports called 1 and 3 (because they use the same pins
>as asynchronous ports 1 and 3). So in your case I would assume that your
>hardware uses asynchronous serial port 0 and 1 and synchronous serial
>port 3. In the kernel config you should therefor enabled synchronous
>serial port 3. I agree that this may be confusing.

Note: In the kernelconfig/menu texts and the /dev/ entries the
/dev/syncser0 is sser1 and and /dev/syncser1 is sser3.
(our local version of Config.in makes that a little clearar but no patch
has been sent yet)

Yes, it is possible to use async ser0 and ser1 together with synchronous
sser3
(/dev/syncser1) at the same time.
You should be able to use it with DMA as well (you probaly should try that)
unless you use external DMA 0.

/Johan