RE: Interprocess communications

I usually prefer Unix Domain Sockets, as they are easily replaced with
network sockets when its necessary to move processes to different systems.

If you don't really need to communicate between different executables,
you might start pthreads instead of using fork, then you don't have to use
IPC at all.

Regards,

Pieter