Re: Sleep mode for 100LX MCM?

Martin Osmundsvåg wrote:

> I'm new to this chip, but I'm planning to make a low-powered system
> using the ETRAX 100LX Multi Chip Module. I have read the documentation

How low power? I'm not sure about the CPU itself, but at least the sdram
inside MCM has to be refreshed. If a couple of mA is too much, then you
have to cut the power.
>  waits for a trigg on an IO-port in sleep mode, if trigged it runs in
> full modus doing stuff and then go back to sleep mode again. I will be
> working with external devices using DMA (I think).

How fast you have to wake up? If you turned the power off if takes a
couple of seconds for linux to boot. If you don't need linux, then it
might be some hundreds of ms, depends on the reset circuitry inside MCM.

Best regards,

Jarkko