From: owner-dev-etrax@xxxxxxx.com">mailto:owner-dev-etrax@xxxxxxx.com] On
Behalf Of Terje Pedersen
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2003 8:53 AM
To: dev-etrax
Subject: printk()

Instead of being a friendly usefull function for debugging it have
caused
lots of waste time do to often it has been the printk() itself which has
been
the reason that the Etrax just freezes, often in the middle of writing.

Maybe its a hardware conflict on our custom made MCM board, do to that
printk() also "prints" on the serial port.

Anyone know why it can cause hanging the system?

Sometimes I'm located a long distance away from the card which is
mounted in a
special computer which I can't take with me. Is it possible somehow to
do
something so that I can gain control again if the driver causing
hanging?
I have thought of a network controlled power switch and using the other
Etrax (The card has two MCM's) to restart the freezen one.

Suggestions apriciated

Sincerely,
Terje Pedersen
Jakob Hatteland Computer