From: owner-dev-etrax@xxxxxxx.com] On Behalf Of Carlos Ojea
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2003 9:51 AM
To: keparker@xxxxxxx.com; dev-etrax
Subject: RE: Sync serial interface as SPI

>        Has anyone successfully used the etrax sync serial interface to drive a SPI interfaced peripheral? I am trying to use
> syncser1 in master bidirectional mode to interface to a max1270 adc converter and have not been able to get it working.
> I am sure the hardware wiring is correct but when I send to the port I get clocks on the ss3clk pin and no data on the
> ss3odata pin. It looks like the data pin is being either held high or tristated.

Well, I am a step below of that.
I want to use the etrax sync serial interface to drive a SPI interfaced peripheral. I tried to do this:
int devspi = open ("/dev/syncser0", O_WRONLY);
But I get a 'No such device' error.

I am using a devboard 82 with linux 2.4.20
Do I need to configure the kernel?

Regards,
Carlos