Re: Par port DMA

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003, Yuriy Prokazov wrote:
> Is it possible to write to parport without any additional hardware
> connected?

No, you need to set some inputs to correct values to make it work.
In DMA mode there is no "manual mode". The parallel port will try
to obey the configured protocol.

In Centronics protocol mode I think you need to set busy and
select to the correct states to make it work. If you set them
to the wrong values the port will just wait. The printer ack
signal can be configured to be ignored.

In the other modes you will need some handshaking on the port,
so I think you should set the port to the Centronics mode.

Per Zander