Re: stv680 camera

Karel Šín wrote:
> Hi,
> I'd like to connect the stv680 based camera to ETRAX 100 LX. I use the
> original driver from linux (stv680.c and stv680.h files) and I tried to
> install it accordin your "How to Write Device Driver fo Linux" web page.

As far as I can see, the stv680 driver in the official distribution
since 2.4.18, so if you have that kernel or a later version it's just a
matter of enabling Video4Linux and then STV680 under USB Support when
you do a make menuconfig.  If you're using 2.4.14 you can upgrade to
2.4.19 using the patch on http://developer.axis.com/download/linux/.  I
think the only changes you have to make are the following to
drivers/usb/Config.in:

dep_tristate '  USB STV680 (Pencam) Camera support' CONFIG_USB_STV680
$CONFIG_USB $CONFIG_VIDEO_DEV

and to drivers/usb/Makefile:

obj-$(CONFIG_USB_STV680)       += stv680.o

(Assuming that you put the stv680.c and stv680.h files in the
drivers/usb directory.)

--
Orjan Friberg
Axis Communications