Re: usb-host.c 1.13 vs 1.19

Saet IS wrote:
> I'm trying to connect a Philips PCVC750K USB webcam to an EtraxLX
> system.
> Using kernel 2.4.19 with usb-host.c v1.13, I'm able to open the device,
> do ioctl() and close, but grabbing images isn't possible due to lack of
> ISOC support.
> Upgrading usb-host.c with version 1.19 for ISOC support, the open() of
> the device hangs the system!
> By debugging the kernel I noted that the hang result when the driver try
> to set a default video mode changing the alternate mode of the USB
> interface, switching from 0 to something else.

I just tried a PCVC740K with the 1.19 driver, on a 2.4.19 kernel, with
the test program from the Video4Linux documentation.  Neither the
connect, nor the open produces any error messages.  (I wasn't able to
grab any image though; the application says "Unable to find a supported
capture format".)  Could you send me your application (with build
instructions, if necessary) and the pwc driver you're using?  (Send it
privately, the dev-etrax list doesn't allow any significant attachements.)

As for getting the ISOC support from 1.19 with the CTRL support from
1.13, it's probably doable, but I'd rather find out what's wrong with
the 1.19 version.  There aren't any changes that I know of that would
explain the altered behaviour for CTRL traffic.

--
Orjan Friberg
Axis Communications