Network boot

Hi,

I'm a newbie who is looking into the operations of ETRAX 100 LX
MCM developer board.The doubt I got is as following.
I made all the images in my local machine and what I tried to do
was network booting.For that I pressed S8 switch(network boot
switch) while resetting and I run ktest.I had a directory abc in
the folder etc.After I did network booting and then I reset my
board(this time the board booted from FLASH..not network),my old
directory in etc is missing even my all the entries also.

As I read the docs I understood that once u reset and boot from
FLASH I should get back all the settings.Moreover ktest does only
writing to RAM.Am I missing some basic concept of working or
arch.If so pls correct me and if not why I'm facing this probs.

Thnx

-VJ

Send your photographs to loved ones anywhere in India.
Click here: http://www.kodakexpress.co.in