RE: Problem with Parallel port

Hi,

Since my last mail I tried a few things more.

I could solve the boot up problem. (USB and Serial 1 should not be selected
at together!)
I went through the component reference and could figure out that the Pin
number 1 is for sure the one with square soldering (so dumb I am)
Then I loaded the Etrax100parlcd drivers and tried to write on the port. The
command
	echo "oPoPoP" > lcd worked (as it came back to prompt without giving any
error)

Before connecting the LED's I thought of checking the voltage (in lack of a
CRO i used  a digital multimeter :( )at each pin of x23. Here are the
findings which are different than expected

The pin number 10 (NC!), 11 (D4), 12 (GND!), 13(D5) and 15 (D6) are always
high (+3.3V). I was surprised to see the pin which is supposed to be ground
(12) is showing high voltage (even with a multimeter it should not show that
i suppose).

I could not figure out the reason for this. Could somebody help me out on
this.

One more question - >

GPIOG refers to 32 bits GPIO I suppose the 32 bits are distributed as 8 PA,
8 PB, 8 LPT1 and8 LPT2.
And the sequence of the bits is PA,LPT1,LPT2,PB. Can somebody verify if my
interpretation is correct?

Regards,

Alok.