Re: problem with cross compile

> Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 18:14:36 +0200
> From: <WHarms@xxxxxxx.de>(Walter Harms)

> > did i miss something ?
>
> You need to pass "-mlinux".  See the applications that came with
> your devboard_lx or devboard-82.
>
> The -mlinux fixes the problem (for 'hello world')

Great!

> What application ? I got a board a piece of paper. The Board was preinstalled
> but no source code. i took everything from the server.

Most or all people start with the software for devboard_82,
devboard_lx or devboard_bt depending on hardware.  You download
it from <URL:http://developer.axis.com/download/>.  See the
"apps" subdirectory.  That's what I referred to.

> > At one point i tried to compile the glibc itself. the provided
> > 'doconf' comes with
> > -prefix=/usr/local/cris/lib/gcc-lib/cris/2.7.2/elinux
> > changes that to 2.96 isnt hard bt its confusing.
>
> Don't compile glibc by hand.  Never.  If you really need to
> compile from source, use install-cris-tools.
>
> i took the source from your server

(I only mention what's below for reference.  Use the RPM:s.)

By that, do you mean you just downloaded the glibc source and
didn't use the installation instructions, instead compiling with
gcc-cris from the RPM?

When compiling from source, you definitely need
cris-dist-N.M.tar.gz which contains install-cris-tools.

Read README or
<URL:http://developer.axis.com/doc/software/devboard_lx/install-howto.html>
for more on how to install from source.

brgds, H-P