RV: ttyS0

 Hello :

 You could stop the kernel hogging the /dev/ttyS0 port as the
 default console as it boots without recompiling the kernel.
 There is a file called '/etc/inittab', in where you would
 find these lines:

 # Uncomment the following line to get a console shell
 sh:3:respawn:/bin/sh

 Just comment last line with a starting '#':
 # sh:3:respawn:/bin/sh

 Regards,
 Carlos Ojea