RE: slow parallel port

Sorry forget to mention the hardware I am working with.

Axis 82 - Developer Board (kernel 2.4.19)

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dev-etrax@xxxxxxx.com]On">mailto:owner-dev-etrax@xxxxxxx.com]On
Behalf Of Peter van Duijn
Sent: 23 October 2003 08:45
To: dev-etrax@xxxxxxx.com
Subject: slow parallel port

Hi,

I'm currently working on a project that requires high speed data transfers
from and to the parallel port 0.
As a first try I want to use the standard parport driver and device
/dev/parpor0 (in EPP mode)
I've got data going out but the speed is about 115 KBytes/sec (measured
between the first data bit and the falling edge of the nwait).

According to the spec of EPP the transfer rates should be at least
500Kbytes/sec (up to 2MBytes/sec). What
am I doing wrong here. Is it the standard parport driver? am I missing a
setting?

Please help,

Peter van Duijn