RE: MCM2+8 with external Flash

No RAM is used by the boot loader so you can upload an 8MB image to RAM and then
load it to flash. You should even be able to upload a 10MB large image if you split the image
in to parts, lets say 2x5MB. Something like this should work (I haven't tested it though):

--file <first_half> 0xc0000000
--flash c0000000 0 0x500000
--file <second_half> 0xc0000000
--flash c0000000 0x500000 0x500000

I think your problem has to do with the ./flashitall script. Run ./flashitall -p.
Check that you really program the correct size into flash. For a 6MB image it should be
something like this:

--flash 0xc0004000 0 0x600000

You can program 8MB at one time but then you have to send the image to the DRAM base, e.g. 0xc0000000
otherwise the image will not fit.

Regards
/Magnus