RE: Kernel panic

Am Fre, den 24.10.2003 schrieb Mikael Starvik um 09:34:
> The message itself indicates that do_exit (kernel/exit.c) has
> been called with interrupts disabled. Normally this happens
> after a kernel oops (arch/cris/mm/fault.c).
>
> The number of calls to do_exit in the kernel is rather
> limited so maybe you could add a printk before each
> and see which one that occurs. Obviosuly you don't
> need to modify files under arch/i386 etc.
>
> Does this happen every time? Does it happen at startup
> or later? Can you connect it to some other event (e.g.
> it happens when you load a module).

This time was the second time in ~8 months. Both times the board was
under heavy load, compiling some huge software (like gcc or glibc).

I have my rootfs on nfs and the swap file is located on a nfs share as
well (netswapping patch is applied). The problems might be related to
swapping over nfs. On the other hand, I was using the board many weeks
without any problems at all (doing the same stuff, with the same setup).

I don't have a clue what could be wrong. Currently, I don't have any way
to reproduce the panic.

Best regards, Uwe