Can I use binfmt_misc ? php with BOA?

Hi,

How did axis get boa and php working together nicely?

I have php compiled and running on the etrax developer board ok, but not
with boa.

Hunting around on the net and it appears one solution is to use binfmt_misc.

I have compiled the kernel with CONFIG_BINFMT_MISC=y without any problems.
I can confirm that the code appears to be in the image.

[root@localhost devboard_lx]# grep binfmt_misc kimage
Binary file kimage matches

Unfortunately /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc  does not exist.
Therefore mount -t binfmt_misc none /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc will fail.

If I just try to use php in CGI mode like:

#!/bin/php

<? printf("hello world\n"); ?>

I get an error in my web browser and nothing shows up.

While looking through the boa.conf I note that there is a line

TransferMime application/x-httpd-php /tmp/phpdsocket

What does this do?  Going by the name it sounds as though you've
got php listening on the local port somehow and this is the way in?

I note in the boa manual that there is no mention of TransferMime
or even the Auth statements.  Are these extensions that Axis have added
to boa or is it just that the boa documentation is out of date with the
source?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

Matt