Flash compatibility

Hi guys

How is it with compatibility of the Devboard 82 software with various flash
ICs? We are producing a few new prototype boards of our etrax based system
and have to use a second source for the flash chips. We're currently using 64Mb
AMD flashs and we're thinking about going to Sharp, Atmel or SST. Does the
label CFI and JEDEC suffice for the chips to work with our board or do we have
to go into more depth? How easy would it be to adapt the flash driver (and
bootloader) to a new flash?

Thanks for your help

Bernhard