Re: USB device not claimed by driver

Karel Šín wrote:
> Hi,
> I need to connect stv680 USB camera to my devboard LX. I have installed
> 2.4.19 kernel with enabled stv680 camera device. If I try to read from
> video0
> device, I get error message: video0: No such device.
> In boot log I found this message:
>  hub.c: USB new device connect on bus1/2, assigned device number 2
>  usb-host.c: assert failed at line 1676
>  usb-host.c: assert failed at line 1676
>  usb-host.c: assert failed at line 1676
>  usb-host.c: assert failed at line 1676
>  usb.c: USB device 2 (vend/prod 0x553/0x202) is not claimed by any
> active
> driver
>
> Does somebody know, where is the problem?

The "USB device 2 (vend/prod 0x553/0x202) is not claimed by any active
driver" message is a bit puzzling since that's exactly what the stv680
driver specifies, and it is indeed registered.  Also, I don't see the
probe function in the stv680 driver being called.  What does 'cat
/proc/bus/usb/devices' say?

The assert that fails basically says that a DMA descriptor for control
traffic (which is what is sent at that time) is enabled when we expect
it not to be.  If it persists, please define USB_DEBUG_CTRL in
arch/cris/drivers/usb-host.c and send the output (privately if the log
becomes large).

--
Orjan Friberg
Axis Communications