Re: Bootloader problems

On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 10:28:37AM +0100, Bernhard Roessmann wrote:
> Jonas Holmberg wrote:
> >What is the manufacturer and model of the external 8MB chip?
>
> AMD AM29LV640MT.
> This is a 8MByte flash, sectors 0..126 are 64kByte, then 8x8kByte
> sectors on top.
>
> Do you think it is a hardware problem?

I was afraid that you had a chip with 8x8kByte sectors both at top and
bottom, because then you would need a newer version of e100boot. But
to flash a AM29LV640MT you shouldn't need that update.

I'm out of ideas at the moment. Try reading the flash and comparing it
to what you wrote. e100boot can give you a flash memory dump, but its
not in the same format as e.g. hexdump. It would probably be easier to
get /dev/cflash[0-2] via FTP and cat them togetherand them cmp it
with your original big image (without hwid and checksum). Just make
sure that you don't run any scripts that modifies the jffs partition
during boot.

Best regards
/Jonas