Fwd: Re: where can I find glibc and ld-linux for etrax ?

Sorry, resend this due to having wrong address to the
message board

Note: forwarded message attached.
--- Begin Message ---
Hi,

Why I cannot find linux 2.4.20 and its patches in
http://developer.axis.com/download/linux/  ?

I compiled linux 2.4.19 and got images but when I try
"ktest -d eth1", the etrax100boot command giving me
error:

Using internal boot loader: INTERNAL_NW - Network boot
(default).
Bootloader corrupt. Should contain ret/nop
(0x12345678) at 0xc, but contains 43211234

The file size for etrax100boot is 60432. I tried to
use e100lx_mcm/tools/build/bin/etrax100boot (size
221586) which I built it by mistake (I though it was
for Axis 82) and then it talk to the Axis 82 Dev board
but seems to end prematurely. See log:

[root@xxxxxxx./ktest -d eth1
Using internal boot loader: INTERNAL_NW - Network boot
(default).
Starting boot...

Device ID = 0xc0fa68a7
This bootloader was built by root on Tue Nov 11
15:54:45 CST 2003.
Checksum of bootloader is 0x00097df6
Waiting for load info.
Checksum of file is 0x00000d79
Got load info.
SET_REGISTER
0xb0000000
0x000095f8
SET_REGISTER
0xb0000004
0x00000104
SET_REGISTER
0xb000000c
0x1a200040
SET_REGISTER
0xb0000008
0x00005611
SET_REGISTER
0xb0000030
0x00001df0
SET_REGISTER
0xb0000038
0x00001ef3
PACKET_INFO
0xc0004000
0x00232000
Checksum of file is 0x00000000
JUMP
0xc0004000
END
Exiting with code 0

My image file sizes are:
cramfs.img - 1327104
flash1.img - 3473408
flash2.img - 2752512
ptable.img - 96
rescue.img - 65536
kimage     - 2301952
fimage     - 6291480

The serial port is working (I know it because by press
reset button I can see boot-up msg from current image
in flash) but I cannot see boot-up messages from ktest
upload.  Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance...

Albert

--- Hans-Peter Nilsson <hans-peter.nilsson@xxxxxxx.com>

http://developer.axis.com/doc/software/devboard_82/install-howto.html
> [...]
> on the
> *host*, not the "Axis 83".  Again, this build
> failure has
> nothing to do with the installation of
> cris-dist-1.25.
>
> (FYI, the program mkfs.jffs2 on the host generates
> the initial
> filesystem image to store into the flash, that image
> being part
> of what you later downloaded to the "Axis 83".)
>
> For some reason, the make-variable CC doesn't
> contain "cc" at
> that time, but is apparently instead empty.
>
> Please send this build failure typescript to the
> dev-etrax@
> list, so someone who handles the Axis 83 build
> process will look
> at it.  (I just do the cross-compiler tools.)  When
> you do so,
> please indicate your host system.  (Homegrown
> GNU/Linux?  Red
> Hat?  Debian?)

> > > init.c
> > >
> > > No, you *don't* need to do this separately.  If
> > > cris-dist-1.25
> > > is installed with cris-dist-glibc-1.25 *as per
> > > instructions*,
> > > that's all that is needed.  (What you refer to
> as
> > > ld-linux.so is
> > > called ld.so.1 for systems known as
> > > cris-axis-linux-gnu.  This
> > > is just a detail, but if you happen to look for
> it
> > > specifically,
> > > perhaps you're confused by its absence.)
> > >

> > Well, after I untar'ed cris-dist-glibc-1.25.tar.gz
> and
> > cris-dist-linux-headers-1.25.tar.gz under
> > cris-dist-1.25, I can see directory glibc and
> > linux-headers were created there.  But I can't
> find
> > anything in the howto document regarding how to
> build
> > glibc.
>
> That's because there is no separate step.
>
> >  Apparently glibc was not created by running
> > command "install-cris-tools". I guess I don't
> > understand what you mean in here that I don't need
> > do it seperately.
>
> By "separately" I mean by some other means than
> invoking
> install-cris-tools.
>
> Do you see an indication that install-cris-tools
> doesn't build
> install glibc other than your typescript?
>
> > > You *really only* need to follow the mentioned
> > > instructions and
> > > use cris-dist-glibc-1.25.
> >
> > I guess that howto document

(http://developer.axis.com/doc/software/devboard_82/install-howto.html)
> > does NOT have the instruction to follow to build
> glibc
> > -- unless you are refering to other document.
>
> No further instructions needed, because
> install-cris-tools does
> it all (as it also says in its informational
> messages).
> Anything split-up of the build would be...

--- End Message ---