Re: [APPS] preliminary busybox-1.0.0-pre3 for devboard_82

Can this busybox be used with the etrax 100 lx board?

Mark Schapira

|         |           Friedrich        |
|         |           Lobenstock       |
|         |           <fl@xxxxxxx.at>  |
|         |           owner-dev-etrax@a|
|         |           xis.com          |
|         |           11/27/2003 05:45 |
|         |           Axis Extrax      |
|         |           Mailing Liste    |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  [APPS] preliminary busybox-1.0.0-pre3 for devboard_82                                                        |

Hi!

I just released busybox-1.0.0-pre3 as an update for the devboard_82 R1_90.

Get the files apps-busybox* from
   ftp://ftp.fl.priv.at/pub/axis/devboard_82/apps/R1_90/

How to apply:
   * cd axis/devboard_82
   * rm -fr apps/busybox
   * rm -fr packages/apps/busybox
   * tar -xvjf apps-busybox*.tar.bz2
   * zcat apps-busybox-Makefile-patch.gz | patch -p2 --verbose

It compiles on my box and also works when I flash the devboard_82
with the resulting fimage - YMMV.

Per default busybox support the following applets:
[root@AxisProduct /]488# busybox
BusyBox v1.00-pre3 (2003.11.27-23:30+0000) multi-call binary

Usage: busybox [function] [arguments]...
    or: [function] [arguments]...

         BusyBox is a multi-call binary that combines many common Unix
         utilities into a single executable.  Most people will create a
         link to busybox for each function they wish to use, and BusyBox
         will act like whatever it was invoked as.

Currently defined functions:
         [, addgroup, adduser, ash, awk, basename, bunzip2, busybox, bzcat,
         cal, cat, chgrp, chmod, chown, chroot, chvt, clear, cmp, cp,
crond,
         crontab, cut, date, dc, dd, delgroup, deluser, df, dirname, dmesg,
         dos2unix, du, echo, egrep, env, expr, false, fgrep, find, free,
         freeramdisk, ftpget, ftpput, getopt, getty, grep, gunzip, gzip,
         head, hexdump, hostname, hwclock, id, ifconfig, ip, ipcalc, kill,
         killall, last, ln, logger, login, logname, losetup, ls, md5sum,
         mkdir, mknod, mktemp, more, mount, mv, nc, netstat, nslookup,
         passwd, pidof, ping, printf, ps, pwd, rdate, reboot, renice,
reset,
         rm, rmdir, route, sed, sh, sleep, sort, stty, su, sulogin, sync,
         tail, tar, tee, telnet, test, tftp, time, top, touch, tr,
traceroute,
         true, tty, udhcpc, umount, uname, uniq, unix2dos, unzip, uptime,
         usleep, uudecode, uuencode, vi, vlock, watch, wc, wget, which,
         who, whoami, xargs, yes, zcat

PS: insmod support is not available as that needs patching busybox's
insmod.c. At the moment I don't know how to do that at to much has
changed from the previous busybox. Maybe someone more knowlegdefull
in that matter could help out me ;-)

--
MfG / Regards
Friedrich Lobenstock