From: owner-dev-etrax@xxxxxxx.com] On Behalf Of William E. Masson
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2003 12:19 AM
To: dev-etrax
Subject: ethernet frame errors

My company has a udp based application that runs on the axis/axis82 platforms running on all versions of the dev env. Among other thing we track packet loss. We're seeing a number of dropped
packets in our tests on what we believe to be a controlled clean  switched network. For every packet we see that’s dropped we see that there was a frame error shown by ifconfig . We run this same application on the same network with a different embedded platform and don’t lose any packets and obviously see no frame errors. Is this a known issue on the axis platform, or is there any
information that you might be able to provide me with on this matter? Is there a driver fix ?
Essentially the axis boxes are firing udp packets at each other every 10 milliseconds.