GPIO LPT1 and LPT2 Acting Differently

I'm running the latest devboard release on the 82 server and I'm using the GPIOG driver to access the data pins on both parallel ports.  The ports are acting differently, and I'm not sure why.

When I use LPT1 I can read the inputs and it works great - when I apply +5V to any of the 8 data pins, the pin reads high and when I remove the +5V the pins reads low.  However, when I use LPT2 it works differently.  +5V makes the pins read high, but removing the +5V does not clear the pin state; I have to apply GND to the pin to clear it.  It does not matter which way it works, but I would like them to work consistantly.  What do I do?