Re: [APPS] dropbear-0.39 (SSHD) for devboard_82 R1_91

Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn wrote on 19.12.2003 15:39 MET:
> On Thu, 18 Dec 2003, Friedrich Lobenstock wrote:
>

>>Yes you are right, haven't thought of that.
>>
>>Of course you are free to extend the start script in some clever
>>way:
>
> No rocket science here ;-) This is just an idea.
>
> Add something similar to this, to the start script, just before:
>
>     14                  start_daemon $APP_PATH/sbin/$APP_NAME $OPTIONS
>
> ---8<---
> 	DBDIR=/etc/dropbear
> 	[ -d $DBDIR ] || mkdir $DBDIR
> 	[ -f $DBDIR/dropbear_rsa_host_key ] ||
> 		dropbearkey -s 1024 -f $DBDIR/dropbear_rsa_host_key -t rsa
> 	[ -f $DBDIR/dropbear_dss_host_key ] ||
> 		dropbearkey -s 1024 -f $DBDIR/dropbear_dss_host_key -t dss
> ---8<---
>
> Of course, you'll need a dropbearkey on the target (dropbearmulti is
> probably the cheepest way to achieve that).

That's what my package does it installs dropbearmulti :-)
Which is ca. 120k compared to ca. 320k of the 3 stand-alone binaries.

One reason why I created the keys on the host is also that I don't
have to clean up .ssh/known_hosts after each flash to the developer
system - they keys do not get overwritten once created.

So we propably need a flag if the product we are compiling is intended
to be a system still in development or a system that is going to be
(widely) deployed. Maybe such a flag would be a thing that you could
provide in the SDK?

So I think I will add your suggestion and a flag in the Makefile
to switch between the current and the new ("deployment") behaviour.

--
MfG / Regards
Friedrich Lobenstock