Re: [APPS] dropbear-0.39 (SSHD) for devboard_82 R1_91

On Friday 19 December 2003 16:32, Friedrich Lobenstock wrote:
> One reason why I created the keys on the host is also that I don't
> have to clean up .ssh/known_hosts after each flash to the developer
> system - they keys do not get overwritten once created.

And these existing keys won't work anymore after an update?
I mean, why do the known_hosts have to be deleted?

By the way, when I compile dropbear-0.39 with your wrapper makefile, I get the
following error when the key-tool is configured:

touch -c dropbear-0.39/.config.key
[ ! -e dropbear-0.39/.config.key ] && ( \
        cd dropbear-0.39; \
        autoconf; \
        ./configure \
        --disable-zlib --disable-shadow --disable-lastlog \
        --disable-utmp --disable-utmpx --disable-wtmp \
        --disable-wtmpx --disable-libutil --disable-pututline \
        --disable-pututxline \
        --prefix=/usr \
)
checking for gcc...   gcc-cris  -isystem
/home/pieter/devboard_82/target/cris-axis-linux-gnu/include -mlinux
checking whether the C compiler works... configure: error: cannot run C
compiled programs.
If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'.

So it still uses gcc-cris, even though this executable should be compiled on
the development host I guess.
Does this work for you, withouth a CC=gcc parameter for the configure script?

Something else, when I try to use your wrapper principle for a C++ application
that uses shared libraries, the linker process tries to link with the
development host libraries (/usr/lib/*) instead of the target libraries:

make[3]: Entering directory
`/home/pieter/devboard_82/apps/paycon/paycon/paycon'
/bin/sh ../libtool --silent --mode=link --tag=CXX g++-cris -isystem
/home/pieter/devboard_82/target/cris-axis-linux-gnu/include -mlinux
-Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wno-long-long -Wundef -Wall -pedantic -W -Wpointer-arith
-Wmissing-prototypes -Wwrite-strings -ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE
-Wcast-align -Wconversion -O2 -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new
-L/home/pieter/devboard_82/target/cris-axis-linux-gnu/lib -o paycon
editobject.o menuconfigoption.o menuconfigblock.o configblock.o
configoption.o products.o service.o source.o casherclient.o wrappers.o
socketclient.o threadobject.o casher.o main.o -lpthread -ltc
/usr/lib/libtc.so: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

As you can see, the -L/home/pieter/devboard_82/target/cris-axis-linux-gnu/lib
option is there, to point the linker to the correct library path. Still it
tries to use /usr/lib/libtc.so, which fails of course.
Strangely enough, the correct libpthread.so seems to be used.
Note that /home/pieter/devboard_82/target/cris-axis-linux-gnu/lib/libtc.so
exists, and works when I link other c++ applications, without the wrapper
makefile.

Regards,

Pieter