Re: [APPS] dropbear-0.39 (SSHD) for devboard_82 R1_91

Hi!

*As the Axis mailinglist seems to be alive again and nobody
reacted on my offer, here the posting to this list*

Pieter Grimmerink wrote on 06.01.2004 15:39 MET:
> On Friday 19 December 2003 16:32, Friedrich Lobenstock wrote:
>
>>One reason why I created the keys on the host is also that I don't
>>have to clean up .ssh/known_hosts after each flash to the developer
>>system - they keys do not get overwritten once created.
>
> And these existing keys won't work anymore after an update?
> I mean, why do the known_hosts have to be deleted?

If you create a new host key everytime you've flashed the developer
board you will get such warnings:

fl@xxxxxxx.254
5790: @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
5790: @    WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED!     @
5790: @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
5790: IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING NASTY!
5790: Someone could be eavesdropping on you right now (man-in-the-middle attack)!
5790: It is also possible that the RSA host key has just been changed.
5790: The fingerprint for the RSA key sent by the remote host is
86:d8:e9:35:cb:51:63:63:a0:53:bf:dd:98:5b:9e:fb.
5790: Please contact your system administrator.
5790: Add correct host key in /home/fl/.ssh/known_hosts to get rid of this message.
5790: Offending key in /home/fl/.ssh/known_hosts:56
5790: RSA host key for 192.168.1.254 has changed and you have requested strict checking.
5790: Host key verification failed.

To save one from deleting the offending line from .ssh/known_hosts during
testing I've decided to create the keys on the developer host which will
not be overwritten during recompiles (only a 'make mrproper' would do that).

> By the way, when I compile dropbear-0.39 with your wrapper makefile, I get the
> following error when the key-tool is configured:
>
> touch -c dropbear-0.39/.config.key
> [ ! -e dropbear-0.39/.config.key ] && ( \
>         cd dropbear-0.39; \
>         autoconf; \
>         ./configure \
>         --disable-zlib --disable-shadow --disable-lastlog \
>         --disable-utmp --disable-utmpx --disable-wtmp \
>         --disable-wtmpx --disable-libutil --disable-pututline \
>         --disable-pututxline \
>         --prefix=/usr \
> )
> checking for gcc...   gcc-cris  -isystem
> /home/pieter/devboard_82/target/cris-axis-linux-gnu/include -mlinux
> checking for C compiler default output... a.out
> checking whether the C compiler works... configure: error: cannot run C
> compiled programs.
> If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'.
>

> So it still uses gcc-cris, even though this executable should be compiled on
> the development host I guess.
> Does this work for you, withouth a CC=gcc parameter for the configure script?

I think I've still a little problem in this Makefile. Can you please
try running 'make clean' first.

--
MfG / Regards
Friedrich Lobenstock