wrapper Makefile (was Re: [APPS] dropbear-0.39 (SSHD) for devboard_82R1_91)

Hi!

Pieter Grimmerink wrote on 06.01.2004 15:39 MET:
> Something else, when I try to use your wrapper principle for a C++ application
> that uses shared libraries, the linker process tries to link with the
> development host libraries (/usr/lib/*) instead of the target libraries:
>
> make[3]: Entering directory
> `/home/pieter/devboard_82/apps/paycon/paycon/paycon'
> /bin/sh ../libtool --silent --mode=link --tag=CXX g++-cris -isystem
> /home/pieter/devboard_82/target/cris-axis-linux-gnu/include -mlinux
> -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wno-long-long -Wundef -Wall -pedantic -W -Wpointer-arith
> -Wmissing-prototypes -Wwrite-strings -ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE
> -Wcast-align -Wconversion -O2 -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new
> -L/home/pieter/devboard_82/target/cris-axis-linux-gnu/lib -o paycon
> editobject.o menuconfigoption.o menuconfigblock.o configblock.o
> configoption.o products.o service.o source.o casherclient.o wrappers.o
> socketclient.o threadobject.o casher.o main.o -lpthread -ltc
> /usr/lib/libtc.so: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> As you can see, the -L/home/pieter/devboard_82/target/cris-axis-linux-gnu/lib
> option is there, to point the linker to the correct library path. Still it
> tries to use /usr/lib/libtc.so, which fails of course.
> Strangely enough, the correct libpthread.so seems to be used.
> Note that /home/pieter/devboard_82/target/cris-axis-linux-gnu/lib/libtc.so
> exists, and works when I link other c++ applications, without the wrapper
> makefile.

Hmmmm.....I don't really know but is there another option than
"--silent" to libtool where it tells you exactly what it is doing?

You might want to look at the wrapper Makefile of Busybox as I think
this one is better because it does not contain the quirks stuff for
the key generation.

--
MfG / Regards
Friedrich Lobenstock