Re: ifconfig resets the Etrax MCM CPU

>Mine is starting up correctly (see below). Therefore I think your
>MCM or at least the onboard NIC is broken and needs to be replaced.

The funniest thing is, if I remove the call to ifconfig hw the network
works without problems (but with the default MAC of course).  I can call
it later at the prompt without the crash. FTP, Telnet or http, everything
works.

But I've found some other problems :

1. fsck.minix and mount a minix from my custom driver hangs the CPU
(worked with old SDK/Compiler/Busybox etc.) (BTW: Minix Support is broken
in both kernels 19 and 22, I need to patch bitops.h to get it to work...)
2. I've got an error at the end of the startup, something like /bin/sh/
Can't access tty, job control disabled. Any ideas ?

Currently I'm trying to get the 2.4.22 kernel + AXIS Patches running
without my modifications but I think I need to go back to the old compiler
toolkit, kernel and SDK, very sad that is....

	Arne Bockholdt

Thanks for your help....
Dipl. Inform. Arne Bockholdt
REA Elektronik GmbH