MAC address Filtering with Developer board and 2.4.14 Kernel ???

Hi,

When I started using axis board it was just the Developer Board LX board and software. and then recently the bluetooth edition of the software and the hardware became available.

Now I do not know what the 82, 83 and the IDE are for.

But my main question is as follows....
----------------------------

Axis Developer board LX and cris compiler need 2.4.14 version of the linux kernel. I have to do MAC filtering on the local intranet for these devices, so I found that

http://ebtables.sourceforge.net/documentation.html#whatdo

does MAC filtering. -----------   Good till now.

Problem : The problem is ebtables works only with linux kernel 2.4.22/23 and version 2.6.x not with the kernel version 2.4.14 that I want.

So --

Question 1: Is there any other module like ebtables which does MAC filtering and works with 2.4.14 kernel.

Question 2: The MAC filter module should be capable of filtering the packets at run time.
That means that the filter should be able to ACCEPT all packets from MAC address A for some time and upon users request at run time, it should be able to take a new MAC address B and ACCEPT only from B and DROP/ACCEPT packets from A.

Question 3: Or the Axis IDE since it is using 2.4.20 will it be campatible with ebtables.

Please let me know.

Thanks
Gopal.