using editcgi

We have been using the editcgi.cgi program to edit configuration files on
our board. We have never gotten a password promt when we have invoked this
program until recently. Now when we edit a configuration file we get a
username/password prompt dialog box.

We have added the ability to by building a stripped down busybox with only
this functionality.
1 add and delete users and groups adduser, deluser, addgroup, delgroup
2. change a user password  passwd.

Why is this happening? Is there a boa configuration paramater that I am not
aware of?

Thanks in advance.

Mark Schapira