PCMCIA interface or CompactFlash or general I/O

Has anyone added a PCMCIA interface to the etrax?
The app notes say something about it, but is not specific.
Looking at the docs the processor has parallel port I/O pins
that could be used, but has anyone done that.
Mostly I'm trying to get a wireless modem interface for the device.
Another thought is to use the IDE interface, and a CompactFlash wireless
card.  But I think the compactflash cards are actually pcmcia rather
than real IDE.  Any input appreciated, the integration of the MCM is
rather amazing, just missing a wireless interface!

-Kelly Murray