From: Mikael Starvik <mikael.starvik@xxxxxxx.com>
Subject: RE: clock drift?
Date: 01/23/04 14:35

Hi,

There are a couple of issues with older kernels that causes clock drift:

1. Under high interrupt load some timer ticks could be lost. In some
rare cases this even caused the watchdog to bite. This was fixed
just after 2.4.14. Check in include/asm/irq.h if there is a
BUILD_TIMER_IRQ macro. If not you have this problem.
2. The normal timers in ETRAX runs 64ppm too fast. This has been
fixed after 2.4.16.

/Mikael