Re: 1.91 Dev 82 software with Cris 1.55 and Kernel 2.4.22 --------> make: *** [fimage] Error 2 <------- ( goal is to get to working with dev lx board)

On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 03:39:32PM -0800, Gopal Chandavarapu wrote:
[snip]
> *** Creating
> mkfs.jffs2 --squash-uids --little-endian --pagesize=8192 --cleanmarkers
> --pad= -
> r  /home/cug1pal/axis/devboard_82/target/cris-axis-linux-gnu/mnt/flash >
> /bin/sh: -c: line 1: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'
> /bin/sh: -c: line 1: `mkfs.jffs2 --squash-uids --little-endian
> --pagesize=8192 -
> -cleanmarkers --pad= -r
> /home/cug1pal/axis/devboard_82/target/cris-axis-linux-g
> nu/mnt/flash > '
> make: *** [fimage] Error 2

It looks like the PSIZE_JFFS and INAME_JFFS variables (in the
Makefile) have empty values. (You may have missed an error about this
at the top of the output from make.) I think that you haven't changed
jffs to jffs2 in your old ptablespec. The Makefile that comes with
devboard_82 assumes that jffs2 is the filesystem of the last partition
in flash.

Either switch to jffs2 (must be enabled in kernelconfig as well) or
edit the Makefile to use jffs instead (you can probable figure out the
arguments to mkfs.jffs by lokking in the Makefile for devboard_lx.

Note that a jffs2 partition must have a size of at least 0x80000 bytes
in ptablespec for garbage collection to work correctly (jffs only
needs 0x50000 bytes). This is probably the only reason not to use
jffs2. So if you can afford to have a jffs2 partition that big, I
suggest that you use jffs2 (and disable jffs in kernelconfig).

Best regards
/Jonas