Problem with DMA registers with module driver

Hallo,

I've run into a problem with reading and writing of the registers for the
external DMA of the Etrax MCM CPU. I've written a driver that uses the
external DMA channel 0 / internal DMA 4 to communicate with an FPGA.
Everything is fine until I complied my driver as module and loaded it with
insmod into the kernel, the data of the registers of the DMA controller is
corrupted now and the DMA controller doesn't work as expected, the same
driver linked staticly to the kernel works without any problem. My other
drivers are working as module without problems.

I'm using kernel 2.4.22 with SDK 1.55, GCC 3.2.1 on an Etrax MCM custom
design.

Thank you in advance,

	Arne Bockholdt

Dipl. Inform. Arne Bockholdt