Re: Building shared library with libtool

> Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 15:47:17 +0100 (CET)
> From: jack@xxxxxxx.org

> I'm trying to compile a library which is compiled
> with the help of the autoconf/automake/libtool utilities.
>
> I need to build shared library to be able to load them
> at run time in my application.
>
> I found that my libtool (1.5.0a on debian) can't figure
> out if there is support for building shared library and
> as a fallback only build static ones.

I believe you got that wrong.  Maybe a bug in your
configure.in/configure.ac?  Or maybe a bug in that libtool
version?  Check the logs and any libtool debug output.  For your
question later, libtool shouldn't need to be told anything
specifically about cris-axis-linux-gnu.

brgds, H-P