Re: Building shared library with libtool

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004, Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:

> > I found that my libtool (1.5.0a on debian) can't figure
> > out if there is support for building shared library and
> > as a fallback only build static ones.
>
> I believe you got that wrong.  Maybe a bug in your
> configure.in/configure.ac?  Or maybe a bug in that libtool
> version?  Check the logs and any libtool debug output.  For your
> question later, libtool shouldn't need to be told anything
> specifically about cris-axis-linux-gnu.

On my host, I got:

$ ./scripts/config.sub cris
cris-axis-none

I tried (what I didn't before)
$ ./scripts/config.sub cris-linux
cris-axis-linux-gnu

When laucjing configure, I was doing:

./configure --host=cris

Should I do this instead? (I don't have access to a host
where the cris compiler is installed right now.)

./configure --host=cris-linux

Thanks,
Aymeric