Re: ptablespec (I lost 1Mb in the flash3 partition)

On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 12:28:48PM +0100, Philippe Frossard wrote:
> My ptablespec file is like this and devboard_lx run very well !
>
> # name size     rw-options  type      image-file
> rescue 0x010000 ro          rescue    rescue.img
> flash1 0x1f0000 ro          kernel    flash1.img
> flash2 0x100000 rw          jffs      flash2.img

I haven't payed enough attention to all posts in this thread so I'm
not sure what hardware you are using, but if you are using the
Developer Board LX hardware (as opposed to the Delevloper Board 82) it
probably has 4MB flash. Earlier versions only had 2MB flash, so the
devboard_lx software uses a partitiontable for 2MB flash to make it
work in both versions.

If you use all 4MB you may run into problems during ftp-upgrade, since
the 8MB RAM of the Developer Board LX may not be enough to hold a 4MB
flash-image and run the kernel and all applications used during
upgrade at the same time. So if using only 3MB is enough for you, keep
it. Otherwise increase it up to max 4MB, but make sure that you test
ftp-upgrade if you intend to use it.

/Jonas